Okay. So all we needed was a Yankees loss after Dice, Oki and Paps combined to shut out the Jays. But it was the last game to ever be played at Yankee stadium, did you really think they were going to lose?
Lets honor the House That Ruth Built after the Sox Traded Him For Goodness-Knows-Why with the top 5 Red Sox moments at Yankee Stadium (in no particular order)
1. 10/19/2004 ALCS Game 6: The Bloody Sock. Schill pitches great, giving up only 1 run in 7 innings.
2. 10/17/2004 ALCS Game 4: Papi’s 2-run shot in the 12th to win the game and keep the Sox alive.
3. 10/20/2004 ALCS Game 7: Sox cruise by the Yanks 10-3 and go on to win their first World Series in 86 years.
4. 4/14/1967 Rookie Billy Rohr kicks off his Major League career and the “Impossible Dream” season by coming within one out of a no-hitter. A soft grounder blew the no-hitter, but the Sox still got the shut-out.
5. 7/16/2008 All-Star Game. J.D. Drew became MVP of the game going 2-4 and hitting the game-tying home run in the 7th. The game went 15 innings, and featured 8 Red Sox players and the skipper, Terry Francona. A long game, but a great send off for the stadium. 🙂
That’s all I got. I’m going to bed. Bring on the Indians.